Technical Lead, Self-insured Performance & Assurance
Job no: 493747
Work type: Full time
Location: Adelaide CBD
ReturnToWorkSA manages the Return to Work scheme which provides insurance that protects South Australian businesses and their workers from the costs of a work injury.
What’s in it for you?
- Modern office in the CBD with tram stop out front
- Extensive corporate well-being program
- Free gym onsite
- Discounted corporate private health insurance - Medibank
- Novated Leasing
- Coffee and tea provided in pantry with a sea view on our 8th floor
We are looking for a Technical Lead, Self-insured Performance & Assurance to join our regulation team at ReturnToWorkSA.
This role is critical in ensuring the effective regulatory and performance oversight of self-insurers, through the provision of expert technical advice, measurement and analysis of the performance of self-insured employers, to identify trends, manage risks and compare performance to assist the Leader, Self-insured Services to provide an effective regulatory framework for the Self-Insured program.
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance to employers and team on employer obligations under the Act including new applicants, scheme exits and liability transfer.
- Collaborate with and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the Self-Insured Services education strategy
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement for regulatory activities
- Oversight of self-insurer’s actuarial reports and financial security requirements
- Undertake environmental scanning and risk assessments to inform the crown audit program schedule
- Partner with OCPSE to communicate improvement opportunities and develop programs to support improved performance for Crown agencies
- Play a lead role in the oversight of the Crown regulatory framework
- Develop reports for ReturnToWorkSA executive and Cabinet on audit outcomes including Executive Board Minister and Scheme stakeholders
- Ensure data integrity and consistency of data for comparison purposes across the entire Scheme
- Identify and analyse trends and differences in performance across registered and self-insurers
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience and understanding of self-insurance and premium paying insurance including RTW act and claims management
- Excellent understanding of regulation
- Strong capability to analyse data and deliver high level strategic reporting
- Focus on continuous improvement and identify opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders and businesses in different industries and build effective relationships
- Demonstrated personal leadership and high integrity
- Design programs and processes to maintain a balanced regulatory approach
- Liaise with employer associations (including SISA) and unions
- High attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Strong project management skills
Candidates will also be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate personal and professional alignment with ReturnToWorkSA’s organisational values, which are critical to our success and focus on: Professional Excellence, Achievement, Respect and Integrity
ReturnToWorkSA is an equal opportunity employer, valuing difference and embracing diversity.
What we offer:
We offer the right candidate challenging and rewarding work, the opportunity to continue to grow your personal and professional skill set, a supportive environment that values open and honest communication, a modern office environment, extensive wellbeing program and work/life balance.
Please view the attached position description for further information.
Technical Lead Self Insured Performance & Assurance - PD - August 2022.pdf
You can also contact Nathan Conroy, Leader Self-insured Services (08) 8233 2374 to discuss the position further.
How to apply:
Click the apply button located on this page. Applications to be addressed to the People and Communications Team and submitted by 07 October 2022.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend