Job no: 493567
Work type: Full time
Location: Adelaide CBD
ReturnToWorkSA manages the Return to Work scheme which provides insurance that protects South Australian businesses and their workers from the costs of a work injury.
- Exceptional opportunity to apply your financial investigation skills to interrogate financial systems, reports and records in a regulatory environment
- Influence future compliance strategies to protect the integrity of the scheme
- Qualified and experienced investigative accountant
This role is accountable for identifying potential non-compliance by scheme participants and investigating allegations of inaccurate or fraudulent reporting. Additionally the role contributes to the development of compliance and enforcement strategies.
This might be the right role for you if you can:
- Actively identify premium risks and target high risk employers for compliance and enforcement activities
- Assess initial referrals and conduct background searches to establish facts
- Develop and manage investigations plans
- Obtain relevant financial records to verify the accuracy of data declared to RTWSA
- Understand labour supply chains, complex business structures and phoenix activity
- Provide thorough written reports, prepare witness statements and summarise financial records
- Influence future compliance by adopting appropriate enforcement strategies ranging from education through to prosecution.
Expertise and knowledge
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate you have:
- Extensive experience in conducting financial investigations with a minimum 5 years commercial or government experience in audit, insolvency, forensic accounting or law enforcement
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse an organisation’s financial systems and associated financial records
- Well developed analytical, investigative, organisational and time management skills coupled with the ability to work with a diverse stakeholder group
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills within both a commercial and legal context
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Commerce or Finance or other relevant tertiary qualifications
- CA, CPA or CFE membership with experience in applying Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board professional standard APES215 Forensic Accounting Services (desirable)
Candidates will also be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate personal and professional alignment with ReturnToWorkSA’s organisational values, which are critical to our success and focus on: Professional Excellence, Achievement, Respect and Integrity.
ReturnToWorkSA is an equal opportunity employer, valuing difference and embracing diversity.
What we offer
We offer the right candidate challenging and rewarding work, the opportunity to continue to grow your personal and professional skill set, a supportive environment that values open and honest communication, a modern office environment, extensive wellbeing program and work/life balance.
The total remuneration package for this position is starting from $94,099 (inclusive of superannuation).
Please view the attached position description for further information.
You can also contact Chris Spiteri, Manager Employer Regulation and Enforcement, on 8233 2136 to discuss the position further.
How to apply
Click the apply button located on this page. Applications with a Cover Letter addressing the skills knowledge and experience in the position description can be addressed to the People and Communications Team and submitted by 2 February 2020.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Download position description Refer a friend